Rifton TRAM Transfer & Mobility Device
The Rifton TRAM is a transfer and mobility device designed for the safety, convenience and dignity of both patient and caregiver. Offering more utility for less cost, the TRAM seamlessly performs seated transfers and raises a patient for standing and supported ambulation.
Capable of lifting and transferring patients of varying abilities and body types, the TRAM features an innovative, patent-pending, support system that secures the patient with a simple buckle. Th is enables the caregiver to quickly prepare the patient for a safe transfer.
- Body support system: Rifton’s TRAM features an innovative support system that secures the patient with a simple buckle. This simplicity enables the caregiver to prepare the patient quickly for a safe transfer.
- Optional scale: The TRAM’s optional scale allows the caregiver to weigh a patient easily during transfer, as well as measure weight-bearing capability and progress. During supported ambulation the scale can measure how much weight the client is bearing.
- Color-coded clips: Caregivers can quickly hook the metal rings into one of the TRAM’s four clips. The clips have been color-coded for positive identification in written protocols for each individual patient.
- Three stage riser: The carefully engineered, telescoping lift column gives the TRAM its low profile, providing patients with the security and dignity of unobstructed eye contact with their caregivers and surroundings. The TRAM can be raised high enough to support a 6'4" walking client and then retract down to 43½" for compact storage.
- Leg expander: Compact and low-profile, the TRAM can pass through a 28" doorway with ease. Transfer in and out of the new, wider wheelchairs by rotating the leg expander. Lockable front casters make the TRAM mobile, yet secure.
- Overall length: 45½
- Overall width: 27½
- Overall height: 43½ (min) – 58 (max)
- TRAM weight: 70 lbs
- Turning diameter: 50
- Floor to top of base leg for furniture clearance: 6¾
- Min. user armpit height (when standing or ambulating): 30½
- Max. user height (when standing or ambulating): 76
- Max. working load: 350 lbs