Respironics Total Face Mask
A Total Unique Interface Solution for Noninvasive Ventilation and CPAP Therapy.The Total Face Mask is an interface for adult patients using bi-level or CPAP systems in the hospital or home. It is a comfortable alternative for patients who may not be able to obtain a good seal with a nasal mask, experience skin breakdown, or who are claustrophobic. Because the Total Face Mask covers the entire face, there are no pressure points around the nose to cause sores or skin breakdown. An effective seal is created around the outside of the face as air pressure from the system inflates the soft, flexible sealing layer. This minimizes leaks while providing optimal airflow through the nasal passages. And, because the air pressure is able to circulate throughout the mask, it allows more natural, comfortable breathing for the patient. Made of clear plastic, the lightweight faceplate adds to the comfort of Total Face Mask. It does not obstruct the patient's vision, which helps to minimize the feeling of claustrophobia that some patients experience.
- Built- Exhalation Ports: Provide continuous leak path in the circuit.
- Faceplate: Does not obstruct the user's vision.
- Entrainment Valve: Allows patient to breathe room air if pressure is discontinued as in the case of power failure.
- Pressure Pickoff: Allows connection of a proximal pressure line or monitoring device.
- Quick Release Cord: Enables fast removal of the mask.
- Headgear Straps: Attach to Velcro® hooks for secure placement.
Click here for more info on CPAP Therapy.